1A book for recording the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of friends, businesses, etc.
- I looked up Cecilia's phone number in my red address book and dialed the number.
- Paper address books can be lost - even newspaper reporters have been known to do this.
- He put the phone down, sighed, and reached for his address book.
1.1A facility on a computer or mobile phone that allows a user to store details of their personal contacts.
- Many viruses propagate by using the e-mail addresses stored in a user's address book.
- Finally, you can start typing a name, and matching address book entries pop up.
- Viruses and worms can even spread by sending themselves out via email to the names listed in the email address books of infected computers.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: ad·dress book
Definition of address book in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.