Definition of address book in English:
1A book for recording the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of friends, businesses, etc.
- The officer flipped through the address book to the "F's" and spotted this Avshalom Fior's name.
- Dress up your mother's worn address book with a cover of synthetic leather or suede.
- I just kept the wonderful black and gold address book in its pristine condition as a souvenir.
1.1A facility on a computer or mobile phone that allows a user to store details of their personal contacts.
- After transferring your current address book to your new email client, remember to delete all the addresses from your Outlook address book as an extra precaution.
- The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".
- Once activated, the worm spread to all contacts in the user's Outlook address book, and via internet chat.
Definition of address book in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan