(also adenyl cyclase /ˈadn-il/)
- An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of cyclic adenylic acid from adenosine triphosphate.More example sentences
- The cAMP is produced by adenylate cyclase, and that enzyme is activated by phosphorylated IIA Glc.
- The response of cells to the binding of glucagon to its cell surface receptor is the activation of the enzyme adenylate cyclase which is associated with the receptor.
- When epinephrine contacts a cell membrane, it triggers the allosteric activation of adenylate cyclase, the enzyme that creates cAMP. cAMP then allosterically activates a protein kinase.
More definitions of adenylate cyclaseDefinition of adenylate cyclase in:
- The British & World English dictionary