Definition of adhesive in English:
Able to stick fast to a surface or object; sticky: an adhesive label
More example sentences
- Now the average consumer can forget about toying with adhesive labels and just print right to the disc.
- Is that a more courteous and smooth version of adhesive label?
- The owner places adhesive labels or tags on each item he or she cannot afford to lose.
nounBack to top
A substance used for sticking objects or materials together; glue.
- White glue and tape are adhesives that companies make for people to get things to stick together.
- Unfortunately, the adhesives that stick the best are also the most difficult to remove.
- Tissue adhesives, including fibrin glue, are alternative means for attaching conjunctival grafts.
- Example sentences
- Rather than heat-welding balance weights to the shaft, UV FlexBond allows the weights to be adhesively attached and cured by a combination of chemical means and ultra-violet light.
- Moldings retaining glass panels in openings defined in the door or similar structure are attached to the skins by adhesively fastening the moldings to the skins.
- Gamma structure composite nonwoven fabric comprising at least two nonwoven webs adhesively bonded by a lightweight adhesive web
- Example sentences
- Nitric oxide also inhibits proliferation of smooth muscles, reduces leukocyte adhesiveness, and regulates endothelial permeability, to lipoproteins and other constituents of plasma.
- This has been suggested to affect cancer cell adhesiveness, which may subsequently have consequences on metastasis.
- Dextrans can decrease platelet adhesiveness, serum fibrinogen, and other factor levels to cause bleeding.
Pronunciation: /adˈhēsivnəs/ /adˈhēzivnəs/noun
Words that rhyme with adhesivecohesive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan