Definition of adjacent in English:
1Next to or adjoining something else: adjacent rooms the area adjacent to the fire station
More example sentences
- Clive and his friends brought the equipment down from their second floor apartment and set up in the room adjacent to the rec room.
- The first morning I stopped abruptly when I heard a squealing pack of rats in a room adjacent to ours.
- The filling station adjacent to the show rooms will not be disturbed during the building works.
late Middle English: from Latin adjacent- 'lying near to', from adjacere, from ad- 'to' + jacere 'lie down'.
- Example sentences
- As with most exhibitions, the adjacencies were clearly telling.
- Ironically, adjacency didn't necessarily mean accessibility.
- But we've got a lot of really nifty projects that we're looking at right now that are very entrepreneurial within our core businesses or in an appropriate adjacency, and they're fun.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan