- 1A small alteration or movement made to achieve a desired fit, appearance, or result: I’ve made a few adjustments to my diet only slight adjustments to the boat are necessaryMore example sentences
adaptation, accommodation, acclimatization, acclimation, habituation, acculturation, naturalization, assimilationmodification, alteration, regulation, adaptation, rearrangement, change, reconstruction, customization, refinement; repair, correction, amendment, overhaul, improvement
- Indeed, the same spoon reamers were probably also used to make adjustments to the tuning of their instruments.
- Also watch for players trying to make "last minute adjustments."
- Then, I checked the micrometer height adjustment shaft - its bearing surfaces were worn out!
- 1.1The process of adapting or becoming used to a new situation: for many couples there may need to be a period of adjustmentMore example sentences
- Yes, some rich people will benefit from such an adjustment.
- He said, how many people you have gotten a permanent adjustment.
- He has made a slight adjustment successfully.