Make more beautiful or attractive: pictures and prints adorned his walls
More example sentences
- Beautiful landscape paintings adorn the walls of the Damle family at Dadar.
- I lingered in the hallways for awhile admiring the artistic prints of money adorning the walls.
- His angels were likewise adorned with beautiful garments and wondrous instruments.
decorate, embellish, ornament, enhance;
beautify, prettify, grace, bedeck, deck (out), dress (up), trim, swathe, wreathe, festoon, garland, array, emblazon, titivate
- Example sentences
- Scrapbookers can use corner adorners to make the corners of their scrapbook unique and stylish.
- Corner adorners are all the rage in web design these days.
- In order to ensure the continuation of the species, society has also valued women who are good nurturers and adorners.
Late Middle English: via Old French from Latin adornare, from ad- 'to' + ornare 'deck, add luster'.
Words that rhyme with adornborn, borne, bourn, Braun, brawn, corn, dawn, drawn, faun, fawn, forborne, forewarn, forlorn, freeborn, lawn, lorn, morn, mourn, newborn, Norn, outworn, pawn, prawn, Quorn, sawn, scorn, Sean, shorn, spawn, suborn, sworn, thorn, thrawn, torn, Vaughan, warn, withdrawn, worn, yawn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.