(also adrenocorticotrophic hormone /-ˈträfik, -ˈtrōfik/
, abbreviation: ACTH)
- A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland and stimulating the adrenal cortex.More example sentences
- Your pituitary gland, located at the base of your brain, responds to a perceived threat by stepping up its release of adrenocorticotropic hormone, which signals other glands to produce additional hormones.
- An adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation test can be administered if clinically warranted.
- This lesion has been shown to respond to elevated levels of adrenocorticotropic hormone and to regress with cortisone.
More definitions of adrenocorticotropic hormoneDefinition of adrenocorticotropic hormone in:
- The British & World English dictionary