- A written statement of a person’s wishes regarding medical treatment, often including a living will, made to ensure those wishes are carried out should the person be unable to communicate them to a doctor.More example sentences
- Other issues that need to be addressed with patients and caregivers include advance directives, the living will and the durable power of attorney.
- Even when patients have completed an advance directive and durable power of attorney, decisions at the end of life can be difficult.
- Most Americans do not complete advance directives, such as durable powers of attorney or living wills.
More definitions of advance directiveDefinition of advance directive in:
- The British & World English dictionary