- The outermost layer of the wall of a blood vessel.More example sentences
- The outer layer of veins comprises the tunica adventitia.
- The arteries were most susceptible, with bruising of the intima and adventitia and separation of the media from the vessel walls.
- There is an intense inflammatory reaction concentrated primarily in the adventitia of this blood vessel with some extension into the tunica media.
- More example sentences
- Aneurysmal development is caused by weakness in the muscular tunica media and stretching of the tunica intima and adventitial layers.
- The inclusions may also be found in the adventitial cells of blood vessels.
- Intimai proliferation and adventitial thickening may further reduce the cross-sectional area of the pulmonary vascular bed.
late 19th century: from modern Latin (tunica) adventitia 'additional (sheath)'.
More definitions of adventitiaDefinition of adventitia in:
- The British & World English dictionary