Definition of adviser in English:
- In the past he has been an adviser to the New Zealand and Russian Governments on pensions policy.
- An adviser to the Royal Mail has been involved in discussions with major banks.
- Strangely, he is the adviser to the transport department whose services the police use.
- She has previously worked as a college student advisor and has taught in Slovakia.
- We could cut student services like advisors, cleaning staff, security, food services and so forth.
- The college could offer academic advisors training on how to advise students.
The spellings adviser and advisor are both correct. Adviser is more common, but advisor is also widely used, especially in North America. Adviser may be seen as less formal, while advisor often suggests an official position.
Words that rhyme with adviserchastiser, coryza, despiser, deviser, divisor, Dreiser, Eliza, incisor, Kaiser, Liza, miser, Mount Isa, provisor, reviser, riser, sizer, visor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.