Definition of advocacy in English:
1Public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy: their advocacy of traditional family values
More example sentences
- The guy has become rich and famous through public advocacy of an unhealthy lifestyle.
- The government wanted an unclassified document on which it could draw in its advocacy of its policy.
- His bullish and untiring advocacy of the Government and its policies may not be to everyone's taste.
support for, backing of, promotion of, championing of;
argument for, push for
1.1The profession or work of a legal advocate.
- In such cases, I find an element of legal advocacy present which does not become an expert's testimony.
- The law allowing plaintiffs to recover legal fees in advocacy lawsuits has been on the books for a long time.
- His willingness to embark upon detailed research was closer to advocacy than to the approach of an objective expert.
Words that rhyme with advocacyfallacy • galaxy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.