(US also adz)
- A tool similar to an ax with an arched blade at right angles to the handle, used for cutting or shaping large pieces of wood.More example sentences
- Tools consist now of bone, wood and stone, made up as an adze, knife blade, borer, arrow or spearhead.
- Specialized war weapons may be lacking - after all, war can be fought with such ordinary tools as adzes or hunting spears.
- A man sat near his house using an adze to sculpt a handle for his bill-hook.
Old English adesa, of unknown origin.
More definitions of adzeDefinition of adze in:
- The British & World English dictionary