(also adzuki bean)
Definition of adzuki in English:
2The bushy leguminous Asian plant that produces the adzuki bean.
- Vigna angularis, family Leguminosae
- Two edible beans were selected for compatibility with the producers' existing cropping practices: the adzuki and the chickpea.
- Before the Adzuki plant has reached maturity, the beans are green and contain a high proportion of water.
- Plus, you can grow adzuki plants from the beans.
Early 18th century: from Japanese azuki.
Words that rhyme with adzukibouzouki, fluky, kabuki, kooky, pukey, saluki, spooky, Sukie, Suzuki, verrucae
Definition of adzuki in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.