(also adzuki bean)
Definition of adzuki in English:
2The bushy leguminous Asian plant that produces the adzuki bean.
- Vigna angularis, family Leguminosae
- Two edible beans were selected for compatibility with the producers' existing cropping practices: the adzuki and the chickpea.
- Before the Adzuki plant has reached maturity, the beans are green and contain a high proportion of water.
- Plus, you can grow adzuki plants from the beans.
early 18th century: from Japanese azuki.
Definition of adzuki in:
- British & World English dictionary