Definition of aerobic in English:
1Relating to, involving, or requiring free oxygen: simple aerobic bacteria
More example sentences
- Plants, as other aerobic organisms, require oxygen for the efficient production of energy.
- The importance of free fatty acids in aerobic metabolism is best shown in cardiac muscle.
- White blood cells have respiratory enzymes for aerobic metabolism, and others suited to their particular functions.
1.1Relating to or denoting exercise that improves or is intended to improve the efficiency of the body’s cardiovascular system in absorbing and transporting oxygen.
- Weight training and aerobic exercise are important for improving body composition.
- There was a time in your life when you didn't even realize what you were doing was called aerobic or cardio exercise.
- For a fit and healthy cardiovascular system, aerobic training should be performed three to four times a week.
- Example sentences
- This means being aerobically fit and having stamina.
- A healthy body is one that is strong, flexible and aerobically fit.
- The thing with long distance running is that you don't have to push yourself incredibly hard, particularly aerobically.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan