- An airship or hot-air balloon, especially one that is tethered.More example sentences
- They might be balloons, airships, planes, or tethered aerostats.
- By the way, an aerostat is a tethered balloon - they may be blimp-shaped so they're stable in the wind, though.
- He continues his work in solar and minimal powered aircraft and aerostats.
late 18th century: from French aérostat, from Greek aēr 'air' + statos 'standing'.
More definitions of aerostatDefinition of aerostat in:
- The British & World English dictionary