- A person who has or affects to have a special appreciation of art and beauty.More example sentences
- He remains an aesthete, but his appreciation of culture is now spiritually empty.
- His pose was that of the dandy and the aesthete, emphatically not that of the angry young man.
- He was a cultured aesthete who loved music, architecture, and philosophy, even corresponding at length with Voltaire.
late 19th century: from Greek aisthētēs 'a person who perceives', or from aesthetic, on the pattern of the pair athlete, athletic.
More definitions of aestheteDefinition of aesthete in:
- The British & World English dictionary