- The approach to art exemplified by (but not restricted to) the Aesthetic Movement.More example sentences
- Balthus's paintings aim at a classical order and refined estheticism, yet within this timelessness lurk subliminal tensions.
- When I argue that your connoisseurship or aestheticism are suspect, it does not mean our field is in disarray.
- Work by these artists connects back to a world where the image had not yet been fed into the dialectical machinery of aestheticism.
More definitions of aestheticismDefinition of aestheticism in:
- The British & World English dictionary