Definition of affable in English:
Friendly, good-natured, or easy to talk to: an affable and agreeable companion
More example sentences
- I have met him several times and find him an affable and friendly person, and a joy to talk politics with.
- Usually Eddington is the most affable of colleagues, friendly and very approachable.
- Johnny had a warm and affable personality and was renowned as a hard worker.
friendly, amiable, genial, congenial, cordial, warm, pleasant, nice, likable, personable, charming, agreeable, sympathetic, simpatico, good-humored, good-natured, jolly, kindly, kind, courteous, civil, gracious, approachable, accessible, amenable, sociable, hail-fellow-well-met, outgoing, gregarious, neighborly
- Example sentences
- A business suit-clad man then greets them, shakes hands affably and makes them sit in comfortable chairs.
- He concurred affably, puckering his lips in thought as he pondered over the last decade's adventures.
- At first the driver and his Arab passengers chat affably enough, chatting loudly over the blaring radio.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan