- A lizard of the agama family (Agamidae).More example sentences
- He makes few assumptions about higher-level lizard taxonomy and includes geckos, skinks and agamids among his ingroup taxa.
- Draco volans, the ‘flying dragon’ lizard: A small arboreal agamid lizard that has elongate ribs that support the gliding membrane.
- In addition to iguanas, the Iguania include agamids, chameleons and a few lesser known groups.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Agamidae, from agama.
More definitions of agamidDefinition of agamid in:
- The British & World English dictionary