Definition of agapanthus in English:
A South African plant of the lily family, with funnel-shaped bluish flowers that grow in rounded clusters. Also called lily-of-the-Nile.
- Genus Agapanthus, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- A romantic 15-acre garden with a Saxon mound planted with yuccas, agapanthus, lilies, hosta and geraniums, dry moat, poplar avenue, yew hedges and terraces leading to riverside walks.
- For especially dramatic container plants, try the summer flower bulbs, for starters: tuberose, oxalis, agapanthus, cannas, begonias, dahlias, caladiums, lilies, or elephant ears.
- Tall spring bloomers that stand on their own and that are easy to grow are agapanthus, alliums, blood lilies, and African irises.
Definition of agapanthus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan