- A substance that is the main constituent of agar and is used especially in gels for electrophoresis. It is a polysaccharide mainly containing galactose residues.More example sentences
- The vesicles filled with agarose gel and sucrose solution were diluted into an isoosmolar glucose solution.
- Immobilization of large dextran molecules in agarose was achieved by electron beam irradiation.
- The material of choice is agarose, a carbohydrate polymer purified from a salt water algae.
More definitions of agaroseDefinition of agarose in:
- The British & World English dictionary