Definition of aggregator in English:
1 Computing A website or program that collects related items of content and displays them or links to them.
- Subscribers can sign-up for Spanning's service by clicking on the RSS buttons at the company's website and run popular aggregators such as FeedDemon, NewsGator or NetNewsWire.
- Those behind the site claim it's the first time we've been able to compare the flight information of airline websites against flight aggregator sites and charter companies.
- A good example of such a service is the NewsIsFree website, a news aggregator.
2A wholesale buyer or broker of a utility service, such as electricity or long-distance telephone service, who packages it and sells it to consumers.
- Aggregators may recruit members from any location in Texas with electric competition, and all aggregators must be registered with the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- An aggregator works like a buying club by pooling together larger numbers of customers and then purchasing energy from a CSP on behalf of the whole group.
- I'm presenting a capitalistic model based on aggregation with a municipal utility just being one aggregator without being exclusive.
Definition of aggregator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan