Feeling or appearing troubled or nervous: there’s no point getting agitated she was red and agitated with the effort of arguing
More example sentences
- In many other healing temples for agitated people physical restraints are used, but they are not used here.
- Seven minutes later the waiting room is filled with shouting as more officers arrive with an agitated young man whose once-smart white shirt and khaki pants are soaked in blood.
- Poor Charlotte: it's a difficult time for her, anxious and agitated, only five weeks to Christmas and her fudge won't set, and then there's the turkeys to think of.
- Example sentences
- My thoughts turned immediately to that young boy, all those years ago, agitatedly working out his fantasies.
- My friend talked agitatedly about the new and more effective types of vaccine.
- ‘Fine,’ I sighed, defeated, and looked at him agitatedly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.