Feeling or appearing troubled or nervous: there’s no point getting agitated she was red and agitated with the effort of arguing
More example sentences
- In many other healing temples for agitated people physical restraints are used, but they are not used here.
- Seven minutes later the waiting room is filled with shouting as more officers arrive with an agitated young man whose once-smart white shirt and khaki pants are soaked in blood.
- Poor Charlotte: it's a difficult time for her, anxious and agitated, only five weeks to Christmas and her fudge won't set, and then there's the turkeys to think of.
- Example sentences
- My thoughts turned immediately to that young boy, all those years ago, agitatedly working out his fantasies.
- My friend talked agitatedly about the new and more effective types of vaccine.
- ‘Fine,’ I sighed, defeated, and looked at him agitatedly.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.