Definition of agonize in English:
1Undergo great mental anguish through worrying about something: I didn’t agonize over the problem
More example sentences
- Back in my day, we didn't worry about self-esteem or agonize over feelings.
- I obsess over it, agonize over it, ruminate over it.
- For all he agonised and fretted, he never fell apart.
1.1 [with object] Cause mental anguish to (someone).
- So I was agonized by their fear and insecurity - the backlash.
- This is not to say that he was not agonized by risky decisions he needed to make with regard to his career as a sage.
- Viewers in those days were agonized by his notion of justice and fair play!