Definition of agribusiness in English:
1Agriculture conducted on commercial principles, especially using advanced technology.
- With the rise of commercial agriculture and agribusiness, farmers have vastly increased their use of pesticides, with devastating results.
- China and Brazil have already signed a commercial accord covering agribusiness, technology, construction and natural resources.
- He teaches courses in principles of agribusiness management and human resource management in small businesses.
1.1An organization engaged in this.
- With $30.9 billion in assets, CoBank specializes in financing for agribusinesses and Farm Credit associations, as well as rural communications, energy, and water systems.
- Other Illinois farmers, Illinois agribusinesses and local communities in which we do business share our concerns.
- They must then market these programs so that producers, agribusinesses, consumers, and politicians will appreciate and support future endeavors.
2The group of industries dealing with agricultural produce and services required in farming.
- Other industries in which Victoria is a major national player include financial services, agribusiness, food processing and tourism.
- Agriculture is a prominent industry in Arkansas with diverse agricultural production and agribusiness entities in all geographical regions.
- But health services, agribusiness and bio-tech are among its leading economic sectors today.
Definition of agribusiness in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.