Definition of agrimony in English:
noun (plural agrimonies)
A plant of the rose family bearing slender flower spikes and spiny fruits. Native to north temperate regions, it has been used traditionally in herbal medicine and dyeing.
- Genus Agrimonia, family Rosaceae: several species, in particular A. eupatoria, which has small yellow flowers
- Other locally common tannin-rich plants include blackberry, raspberry, rose, lady's mantle, agrimony, meadowsweet, and strawberry (all members of the rose family), geraniums, purple loosestrife, and sumacs.
- Examples of carbonizing herbs to stop bleeding are carbonized cattail pollen, carbonized human hair, carbonized agrimony and carbonized wormwood or mugwort.
- To dry agrimony, spread out the leaves, flowers, and stems on a wire rack in a warm, shaded location.
Words that rhyme with agrimonyacrimony
Definition of agrimony in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.