Definition of agrimony in English:
noun (plural agrimonies)
A plant of the rose family bearing slender flower spikes and spiny fruits. Native to north temperate regions, it has been used traditionally in herbal medicine and dyeing.
- Genus Agrimonia, family Rosaceae: several species, in particular A. eupatoria, which has small yellow flowers
- Other locally common tannin-rich plants include blackberry, raspberry, rose, lady's mantle, agrimony, meadowsweet, and strawberry (all members of the rose family), geraniums, purple loosestrife, and sumacs.
- Examples of carbonizing herbs to stop bleeding are carbonized cattail pollen, carbonized human hair, carbonized agrimony and carbonized wormwood or mugwort.
- To dry agrimony, spread out the leaves, flowers, and stems on a wire rack in a warm, shaded location.
Words that rhyme with agrimonyacrimony
Definition of agrimony in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan