Definition of agro-industry in English:
1Industry connected with agriculture.
- He said providing a boost to agriculture and agro-industries will continue to remain the prime concern of the government.
- We must also re-examine those aspects of our policies that prevent a creative interaction between farmers and agro-industries.
- The farmers were the worst hit because the Budget, which had talked of promoting agro-industries, had not talked about costs of inputs like fertilisers, seeds and pesticides.
1.1Agriculture developed along industrial lines.
- 580 dwellers from rural and marginal urban areas of Lima and Huancayo, 70% of which are women, have been trained in agro-industry techniques; 145 of them have started up a small enterprise.
- This relates to the challenges referred to above and to encouraging consumers to use their consumer power to stimulate biodiversity-friendly production and agro-industry practices.
- Example sentences
- The co-op built a $6 million agro-industrial complex that includes a 100-car rail-spur and a 600,000-bushel elevator to load unit trains.
- The rapeseed, like many other GM crops designed by agro-industrial corporations, is designed to resist herbicides, so that farmers can use a broad spectrum of powerful weedkillers.
- Improving the way we manage water used in agriculture is especially key because more than 70 percent of the water used in the world today goes to irrigating crops and other agro-industrial uses.
Definition of agro-industry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan