Definition of aholehole in English:
A small silvery fish occurring only in the shallow waters around the Hawaiian islands, where it is a food fish.
- Kuhlia sandvicensis, family Kuhliidae
- Rainclouds, rain, lush ferns, aholehole fish and certain types of seaweed revealed the god Lono.
- Ryan Okino was fishing on the Puna Coast of the Big Island when he caught his state record aholehole.
- But currently at Hanauma Bay, the silvery aholehole swarm in the shallows all day, darting around human legs to catch free food.
Definition of aholehole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.