- An ornament on some military and naval uniforms, consisting of braided loops hanging from the shoulder and on dress uniforms ending in points.More example sentences
- Coats, jackets, and other garments became increasingly embellished during the 18th century as epaulettes, loops, lace, and aiguillettes all appeared.
- We have a wide range of lanyards, aiguillettes and swordknots that add flair to your personality.
- Perfect example of the dress aiguillette which has been well kept and protected in the box.
mid 16th century: from French, literally 'small needle', diminutive of aiguille.
More definitions of aiguilletteDefinition of aiguillette in:
- The British & World English dictionary