- Trouble or afflict (someone) in mind or body: exercise is good for whatever ails youMore example sentences
- A doctor who specializes in sports medicine, however, would give you an answer more tailored to your fitness level and whatever ails you.
- Her back is strong, so you can go to her to shoulder the angst of whatever ails you.
- Coffee has been a comfort, an instigator, and a cure for whatever ails you for hundreds of years.
Old English eglian, eglan, from egle 'troublesome', of Germanic origin; related to Gothic agls 'disgraceful'.
More definitions of ailDefinition of ail in:
- The British & World English dictionary