- A specially equipped aircraft, typically a helicopter, used to transport sick or injured people to the hospital in an emergency: Payash helped medical staff at the clinic while waiting for the air ambulance to arriveMore example sentences
- In 1997 there was a change of government and they invited me to stay here permanently to fly air ambulances for them.
- Using their own money, they built and flew the world's first air ambulance at Fort Barrancas, Florida, in 1910.
- Both London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance attended, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
More definitions of air ambulanceDefinition of air ambulance in:
- The British & World English dictionary