- 1A lung compartment containing air; an alveolus.More example sentences
- This prohibits us from observing and analyzing the dynamic changes of the entire air sac.
- Each air sac is surrounded by elastic fibers that help the lung recoil after inspiratory stretching.
- When lungs are damaged by tobacco the crimping elastic cells surrounding each air sac are broken and lungs become over inflated.
- 1.1An extension of a bird’s lung cavity into a bone or other part of the body.More example sentences
- All birds have an extensive air sac system in the thorax and abdomen.
- The lung / air sac system of birds profoundly affects their physiology.
- The two researchers examined the air sac systems of some 200 modern birds and identified specific patterns showing which air sacs are found in which bones.
More definitions of air sacDefinition of air sac in:
- The British & World English dictionary