A system of transporting mail by aircraft, typically overseas.
- Delivery takes 3-4 weeks by airmail, or 5-7 weeks by boat; there is a no-time-limit, 100% money-back guarantee.
- Sussmann has passed on my documents by airmail to Georg.
- Their March edition, I've just received it by airmail, it has some excellent and thought-provoking and theologically astute articles about the issue.
Send (mail) by aircraft: a recent letter that I airmailed to Miss Sifton
More example sentences
- She is adamant she will not be airmailing it to her son-in-law, who emigrated to Australia with his wife and their two children in 1979.
- I subscribe to a monthly magazine from England (paying extra to have it airmailed so it will arrive in Thailand within 4-5 days).
- Mine are carefully folded into envelopes and airmailed to Berlin.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of airmail in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.