- A power-driven aircraft that is kept buoyant by a body of gas (typically helium, formerly hydrogen) that is lighter than air.More example sentences
- Academics are developing ways to replace satellites and mobile telephone masts with solar-powered airships for better and cheaper telecommunications.
- From 1915 on, the first strategic bombing offensive was conducted by Germany against Britain, using airships and later large aircraft carrying bombs of up to 2,200 pounds.
- Submarines were attacked by aircraft, airships, mines, Naval vessels (including submarines) and merchant ships.
More definitions of airshipDefinition of airship in:
- The British & World English dictionary