Definition of airwoman in English:
noun (plural airwomen)
1A female pilot or member of the crew of an aircraft, especially in an air force.
- The 36-year-old American airwoman has landed after completing a solo flight of 2,300 miles across the Pacific from Honolulu.
- Storms over the Pacific today forced America's premier airwoman to abandon her plan to start on her 27,000-mile round-the-world flight.
- Mail addressed to "Miss Amy Johnson, Famous Airwoman" arrived at the right house.
1.1A female member of the US Air Force of the lowest rank, below sergeant.
- As a former Captain in the U.S. Air Force myself, I shared a willingness to protect and defend the United States of America with all my fellow airwomen.
- Our troops constructed a base for 5,000 airmen and airwomen.
- The Air Force provides many different opportunities for airmen and airwomen.
Words that rhyme with airwomanchairwoman
Definition of airwoman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.