Definition of airwoman in English:
noun (plural airwomen)
1A female pilot or member of the crew of an aircraft, especially in an air force.
- The 36-year-old American airwoman has landed after completing a solo flight of 2,300 miles across the Pacific from Honolulu.
- Storms over the Pacific today forced America's premier airwoman to abandon her plan to start on her 27,000-mile round-the-world flight.
- Mail addressed to "Miss Amy Johnson, Famous Airwoman" arrived at the right house.
1.1A female member of the US Air Force of the lowest rank, below sergeant.
- As a former Captain in the U.S. Air Force myself, I shared a willingness to protect and defend the United States of America with all my fellow airwomen.
- Our troops constructed a base for 5,000 airmen and airwomen.
- The Air Force provides many different opportunities for airmen and airwomen.
Words that rhyme with airwomanchairwoman
Definition of airwoman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia