Definition of airwoman in English:
noun (plural airwomen)
1A female pilot or member of the crew of an aircraft, especially in an air force.
- She was well known as an airwoman in the early days of flying and in 1930 was created a dame of the British empire for her services to aviation.
- Mail addressed to "Miss Amy Johnson, Famous Airwoman" arrived at the right house.
- The study would also put the Yorkshire-born pioneer airwoman, the first woman to fly alone to Australia from England, in the unlikely class of more subdued people.
1.1A female member of the US Air Force of the lowest rank, below sergeant.
- This is our first article in what will be a regular series about jobs for airmen, airwomen, and officers in the Air Force.
- Over recent weeks I have attended special farewell ceremonies for the sailors, soldiers and airmen and airwomen deploying under this operation.
- Following the service, the Squadron Associations will present their annual awards to selected officers, airmen and airwomen.
Words that rhyme with airwomanchairwoman
Definition of airwoman in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.