- (Of an aircraft) safe to fly.More example sentences
- The company can deliver complete fleets of airworthy aircraft or helicopters coming from active duty or overhauled as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Today, FABA has over 70 airworthy biplanes of all types.
- He said: ‘The Sea Vixen is the sole airworthy aircraft of its sort.’
- More example sentences
- The annual inspection makes sure that all general-aviation aircraft are inspected for airworthiness at least once a year.
- Our basic mission is to verify the airworthiness of the airplanes before they go back to the operational Air Force.
- Of course, ultimate responsibility for the airworthiness of an airplane rests with the owner/operator, and must be determined before each flight.
More definitions of airworthyDefinition of airworthy in:
- The British & World English dictionary