- A type of assault rifle, originally manufactured in the former Soviet Union.More example sentences
- The weapon was developed for motorized infantry, adopted for service with the Soviet Army in 1949 and designated the AK-47.
- 'I sleep sound,' AK-47 inventor says as rifle turns 60
- Cradling the latest model of his "creative genius" in Moscow on Friday, the inventor of the AK-47 told reporters at the 60th anniversary of the world's most famous assault rifle that his conscience is clear.
acronym for Russian Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947, the designation of the original model, designed in 1947 by Mikhail T. Kalashnikov (b. 1919).
More definitions of AKDefinition of AK-47 in:
- The British & World English dictionary