A supposed universal etheric field in which a record of past events is imprinted.
- In Hindu mysticism, Lord Murugan rides through the akasha on a peacock.
- He who knows it as existing in the cave of the heart, in the transcendent akasha realizes all his desires along with the Omniscient Brahman.
- Prana acting on akasha is creating or projecting the universe.
- Example sentences
- We are beings with free will, many layers of bodies (physical, emotional, astral, etc.), and richly shared memories (collective unconscious, genetic, tribal, akashic or past life memories to name a few).
- Intuition, according to this model would then be a * creative answer *, a product of creative energy-transmutation and not the ‘grabbing’ of a solution that is floating out there in the akashic arcade!
- There does seem to be a general belief in western occultism that such is the case (reinforced by ‘explanations’ concerning akashic records, collective unconsciousness, etc.).
From Sanskrit ākāśa.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of akasha in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.