Definition of akebia in English:
A climbing shrub with purplish flowers, deeply divided leaves, and purple berries. Native to eastern Asia, it is grown as an ornamental in North America.
- Akebia quinata, family Lardizabalaceae
- Fiveleaf akebia is a vigorous vine that grows as a groundcover and climbs shrubs and trees by twining.
- This one is now busily threading its way through the established akebia, sharing the same arbor.
- Fiveleaf akebia is deciduous in cooler climates but may remain evergreen in the warmer regions, such as Louisiana.
Definition of akebia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan