Definition of alarming in English:
Worrying or disturbing: our countryside is disappearing at an alarming rate
More example sentences
- On the surface, the report could appear alarming.
- I found the whole programme extremely interesting in some ways, yet alarming in others.
- To pay such a heavy price for non-performance must have sent alarming signals to cricketers in Pakistan.
- the water swirls alarmingly [as submodifier]: an alarmingly high rateMore example sentences
- In fact jugglers were alarmingly popular and Thatcher provoked more anger and distress than amusement.
- Broadwater has seen some dreadful tracks this season with some alarmingly low scores to accompany them.
- Right down to minute aspects, these characters were all alarmingly similar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan