Worrying or disturbing: our countryside is disappearing at an alarming rate
More example sentences
- On the surface, the report could appear alarming.
- The identities of the hijackers were provided by the FBI with alarming speed, some almost immediately.
- I found the whole programme extremely interesting in some ways, yet alarming in others.
- the water swirls alarmingly [as submodifier]: an alarmingly high rateMore example sentences
- In fact jugglers were alarmingly popular and Thatcher provoked more anger and distress than amusement.
- Broadwater has seen some dreadful tracks this season with some alarmingly low scores to accompany them.
- Right down to minute aspects, these characters were all alarmingly similar.