- A white vestment worn by clergy and servers in some Christian Churches.More example sentences
- He was fully vested, with a blue brocade chasuble over his white alb.
- It seems that all celebrants came from the same place, wearing the same white albs, the same colored stoles, and performed almost the same gestures.
- I begin to have visions of the vest bulging awkwardly beneath my white alb.
Old English albe, from ecclesiastical Latin tunica (or vestis) alba 'white garment', from Latin albus 'white'.
More definitions of albDefinition of alb in:
- The British & World English dictionary