- 1A blank book for the insertion of photographs, stamps, or pictures: the wedding pictures had pride of place in the family albumMore example sentences
- One of his greatest pastimes was looking at photo albums and books of family history.
- There are no photographs from his family album or of him performing with the famous.
- When Maura met with me she carried at least five or six photo albums and bags of photographs.
- 2A collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium.More example sentences
- First albums are often collections of tracks recorded over a long period of time.
- You recorded two albums as part of Bel Canto, which was, and still is, a rather successful band.
- Spanning four albums, this collection is an autobiography of her life over the past decade.
early 17th century: from Latin, neuter of albus 'white' used as a noun meaning 'a blank tablet'. Taken into English from the German use of the Latin phrase album amicorum 'album of friends', it was originally used consciously as a Latin word with Latin inflections.