- A simple form of protein that is soluble in water and coagulable by heat, such as that found in egg white, milk, and (in particular) blood serum.More example sentences
- The latter phenomenon has also been found for other proteins, such as bovine serum albumin and human serum albumin.
- Wheat also contains two other proteins, albumin and globulin, which are soluble in water and dissolve when the flour is wetted.
- The results were also verified by examining the spectra of two purified proteins, albumin and lysozyme.
mid 19th century: from French albumine, based on Latin albumen, albumin- (see albumen).
See albumen (usage).
More definitions of albuminDefinition of albumin in:
- The British & World English dictionary