- A tavern.More example sentences
- The American tavern fulfilled the contradictory functions of the English tavern (transitory accommodation) and alehouse (promiscuous drinking).
- Court cases, for instance, are straightforward in revealing that violence, often murder, was frequently under the influence of alcohol, usually in taverns or alehouses.
- And now she was trembling on a hard mattress, awaiting the arrival of her rough bridegroom, who was currently drinking robustly in the raunchy portside alehouse in celebration of his fine fortune.
More definitions of alehouseDefinition of alehouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary