- A soil of an order comprising leached basic or slightly acid soils with a clay-enriched B horizon (subsoil).More example sentences
- The soil is an alfisol (brown soil) above Palaeozoic strata.
- The series consists of very deep, well drained, fine silty alfisol formed in loess.
- In order to study the origins of alfisols and mollisols, Mella examined the mineralogical and chemical properties of the soils, as well as those of the insoluble residue of the coral rocks.
1960s: from the arbitrary element Alfi- + -sol.
More definitions of alfisolDefinition of alfisol in:
- The British & World English dictionary