- Wing-shaped.More example sentences
- Large objects brought into tube are detected by cilia on the head and shunted to either side; the aliform notopodia are then raised to let the large objects pass, thus avoiding damage to the bag.
- Types of paratracheal parenchyma are scanty paratracheal, vasicentric, aliform, confluent, and unilateral paratracheal.
- The wood of Mimosa teniflora presents porous distributed in uniform diffuse porosity; axial parenchyma paratracheal vasicentric, confluent vasicentric, aliform and confluent aliform; and very short fibers with thick walls.
early 18th century: from modern Latin aliformis, from Latin ala 'wing' + -formis (see -form).
More definitions of aliformDefinition of aliform in:
- The British & World English dictionary