- (Of a rock or mineral) richer in sodium and/or potassium than is usual for its type.More example sentences
- In the northern Cordillera lower Paleozoic alkalic and potassic mafic magmatism is linked with rifting of the Selwyn Basin.
- Within the Grenville basement these are represented by alkalic to tholeiitic mafic dykes and alkalic to peralkaline granite plutons.
- Some ore deposits occur in alkalic ultrabasic rocks derived from the Earth's mantle.
More definitions of alkalicDefinition of alkalic in:
- The British & World English dictionary