Definition of alkene in English:
Any of the series of unsaturated hydrocarbons containing a double bond, including ethylene and propylene.
- Alkenes have the general formula: CnH2n
- Epoxidation, the conversion of an olefin (an unsaturated alkene hydrocarbon) to a cyclic ether through reaction with hydrogen peroxide, a peracid, or oxygen, is an important chemical technique.
- Among the 4800 constituents of tobacco smoke, researchers have identified more than 100 alkanes, 150 alkenes and 55 alicyclic hydrocarbons.
- The functional group of an alkene is its carbon-carbon double bond.
Definition of alkene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.