Definition of alligator fish in English:
A slender bottom-dwelling fish of the northwestern Atlantic, with an armor of bony plates and two curved spines on the snout.
- Aspidophoroides monopterygius, family Agonidae
- He showed me a unique ‘pez lagarto’ or alligator fish that he had caught and prepared for us.
- I demanded an explanation of this new threat, and she told me everything she knew: alligator fish are bottom feeders with big chompy teeth.
- The most abundant species in the total catch from all gear types were rock sole, northern sculpin, Pacific halibut, butter sole, Aleutian alligator fish, and fourhorn poacher.
Definition of alligator fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia